Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
About This Role
The Unmanned Surface Vessel (USV) Engineering team has an immediate opening for a Naval Systems Engineer to support our growing family of unmanned naval products. We are engaged in multiple cutting-edge development programs for domestic and international customers. This position will provide the following opportunities:
- Create concepts of operation and system architecture for Unmanned Naval Vessels for existing or novel commercial, industrial, or military mission requirements.
- Design systems to apply autonomous and remotely piloted capabilities within existing naval operation regulations, communication standards, and marine environments.
- Perform, or review, naval craft performance calculations.
- Develop technical and cost proposal responses for must-win programs.
- Interface constantly with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Prepare and present engineering work products to internal review teams and external customers at program milestone reviews and as deliverable reports.
- Support full life cycle of engineering development activities.
- Execute lead systems engineering tasks – including (but not limited to) requirements analysis, trade studies, requirements derivation, design review support, integration planning, test, verification, risk management, earned value management and engineering analysis.
- Drive tasks to completion independently.