Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Security business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
Provide information systems security support from a managerial and technical standpoint for DoD and Non-DoD classified systems and networks. Standing up and maintaining accreditations for classified systems and networks. Classified Systems & Networks range in complexity and size to include multi-platform computing (Linux, Windows, Solaris, VMWare), virtual environments, and mobile systems. Extensive experience with eMASS, NISPOM Chapter 8, DCSA DAAPM, DISA STIGs. Assemble and maintain security plan accreditation packages per Risk Management Framework (RMF).
ISSO Responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical and procedural Information System (IS) Security advice to government and industrial teams.
- Understand, implement, and enforce the security policies and processes that are required by: the NISPOM, DCSA DAAPM, System Security Plans (SSPs), NIST Security Controls.
- Coordinate with PSO or cognizant security official on approval of External Information Systems (e.g. guest systems, interconnected system with another organization).
- Oversee any ISSO/ISSE or Security Analysts under their purview to ensure they follow established IS policies and procedures.
- Assume ISSO/ISSE responsibilities in the absence of other ISSO/ISSE; maintain required IA certifications
- Understand, implement, and enforce security policies and processes to maintain the with respect to: Removable Media Creation, Trusted Download, Safeguarding Classified Information, Classified Markings, Wireless Devices, and relevant System Security Plans (SSPs).
- Perform Systems Administration for Linux/Windows operating systems.
- Serve as the lead for Windows/Linux security configurations and interact with Textron Systems and Government Approving Authorities for all inspections of these systems.
- Utilize a variety of accredited security software tools to conduct vulnerability assessments, continuous monitoring scans, and those employed to maintain OS configurations.
- Coordinate IS security inspections, tests, and reviews
- Ensure CM policies and procedures for authorizing the use of hardware/software on an IS are followed. Any additions, changes or modifications to hardware, software, or firmware must be coordinated with the appropriate AO prior to the addition, change or modification
- Maintain a working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures
- Working experience with High Assurance Internet Protocol Encryptors/TACLANE
- Analyze security audits for non-standard events and media write control logs. Assist in investigations involving anomalies
- Validate systems & networks are patched in accordance with IAVM guidelines for patching and executing Continuous Monitoring activities
- Maintain a working knowledge of Textron Systems security policies and procedures and the requirements of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM). Be knowledgeable of and enforce policies in the area of information systems security, including Textron Systems and Government policies related to IT security.
- Maintain and modify accreditation packages. Prior experience with eMASS, XACTA.
- Assist with administrative processes related to User Accounts, Data Transfer Agents (DTA), Media Write Control, and Trusted Downloads (TD).
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.