Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
Develop and manage the execution of the production schedule as a result of line of balance output, taking into consideration the available capacity, material availability and program delivery commitments. Communicates to business product support managers and program managers the manufacturing status, expected completion dates and production cost /schedule risk analysis.
1. Partner with procurement, production manager, quality, engineering, and program management, and other supply chain disciplines to proactively plan, schedule, and effectively manage development, production, and aftermarket support environments
2. Manages and has ownership of execution of items associated with their planner code, to include:
a. Release of internal jobs to the factory
b. Release of purchase requisitions
c. Manage disruptions in the internal factory (shortages, MRB, internal and external constraints)
d. Provides feedback to internal customers
3. Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed.
4. Monitors internal and external supply chain alignment – identifies and resolves potential constraints, maintains line of balance (build through) and purchase requests for the production or purchase of components / parts based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements.
5. Plays an integral part of product Integrated Product Teams (IPT) by effectively interfacing with internal customers on a daily basis, schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers and requests for shipping orders.
6. Assists management in the development and execution of action/ workaround plans for assigned products/value streams to maximize scheduled on-time completion. Analyzes supply and demand data and reports to determine critical path constraints. Performs product lead time analysis.
7. Manages manual demand for top/down & bottom-up releases, facilitates ECN/ECP changes and coordinates production cut-ins. Reviews excess material for possible consumption in other jobs. Creates material transfers, borrow/payback transactions and PO change requests.