Who We Are
We are Textron Systems, best known for innovative defense technologies and services. We are a part of Textron Inc, one of the world’s leading multi-industry companies, recognized for its powerful brands such as Bell, Cessna, Beechcraft, E-Z-GO, Arctic Cat and many more. Our company leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative products and services.
But our business is all about people – the customers who rely on us and the exceptional team that brings our mission to life.
We've been in the industry for more than 50 years and embraced the unique capabilities that come with being a mid-sized player. We bring the agility of a small business to meet our customers' most urgent requirements and empower our team members to push past possible. We can scale quickly to solve the big problems, working across functions, sites, and business lines to make it happen. We’re comprised of 7 domains specializing in Air, Sea, Land, Weapons Systems, Electronic Systems, Propulsion, and Testing and Training Simulations.
Start your career in a big way by joining Textron Systems. We are here to provide necessary and life-changing services and products to our customers. We are right where the real work happens. By joining our team, you will gain exciting and versatile experiences from day one to fuel your growth. Talent development is a big part of who we are. Don't just start your career - go big.
Visit TextronSystems.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
In this role, you will be responsible for:
The Ground Robotics team within Land Systems, Hunt Valley is seeking a Systems Engineering intern to join our team for the summer! In this role, you will be responsible for:
· Working in an interdisciplinary role, enabling the full life cycle of successful systems
· Performing requirements analysis to understand customer needs
· Developing architecture models to support requirements development and derivation
· Working across engineering disciplines to develop conceptual designs that solve hard problems
· Performing hands-on integration of components and subsystems into Ground Vehicles
· Developing integration test plans and procedures to verify product integration
· Performing analysis of data extracted from testing
· Driving tasks to completion independently
· Other duties as needed