Who We Are
This role reports into Air Systems and may support other domains areas such as Electronic, Land and Sea Systems within Textron Systems. Textron Systems is a part of Textron, a global $14B family of companies with many well-known brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, and Arctic Cat, employing over 35,000 innovative thinkers, doers, and makers. At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
At Textron Systems, we encourage our personnel to not only thrive at work but also to support and inspire the communities around our business. We meet our customers’ needs for Uncrewed Systems and other engineering products by building healthy teams, unleashing creativity, and attention to detail. Our product line includes proven industry leaders Shadow and Aerosonde. We work to be a trusted partner for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Visit TextronSystems.com to read more about us and the cool things we make!
Our products are relied upon every day by members of the armed forces who protect our country on the front lines. We are dedicated to hiring Veterans and aim to translate their skills to positively impact our company, community, and country.
Who is a Match?
Applicants often ask us what qualities we are looking for in a job candidate. Below is a list of some of the attributes that we value:
- Technical passion
- Positive Attitude
- Growth Oriented
- Enthusiastic Mentor
- Curious Innovator
- Clear, Careful Communicator
- Lifelong Learner
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do! Individuals who possess the vision, energy and focus required to impact the customer’s needs effectively and efficiently into a deliverable product are a special subset of skilled engineering professionals. At Textron Systems, these unique individuals are given the opportunity to assume the role of Network Cybersecurity Engineer within one of our many innovative and consequential product lines. As a Network Cybersecurity Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Providing network cybersecurity engineering support on both next generation technologies and proven platforms that support and protect our deployed warfighter.
- Contributing to the efforts of the Cyber Security and Infrastructure Support (CSIS) team to support the assessment and authorization of products in accordance with Risk Management Framework (RMF) to achieve an Interim Authorization to Test (IATT) or Authorization to Operate (ATO).
- Perform network design, implementation, and testing for products spanning the Textron Systems’ product portfolio.
- Troubleshooting duties including engineering and field support tickets.
- Utilizing vulnerability scan, port scan, compliance, and network analysis tools conducting in-depth analysis of the results against Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Willing and able to occasional travel to other locations in support of cybersecurity test activities and network troubleshooting (less than 15%).
- Working both individually and cohesively on a team with exciting technologies and products in an engineering environment.