About Textron Systems: Harnessing agility and a broad base of expertise, Textron Systems’ innovative businesses design, manufacture, field and support comprehensive solutions that expand customer capabilities and deliver value. Textron Systems' businesses are industry-leading developers and integrators of unmanned systems, advanced marine craft, armored vehicles, intelligent battlefield and surveillance systems, geospatial management and analysis systems, intelligence software solutions, precision weapons, piston engines, test and training systems, and total lifecycle sustainment and operational services.
About Textron: Textron is home to globally-recognized businesses, organized within five segments: Bell, Textron Aviation, Industrial, Textron Systems and Finance. Our businesses produce hundreds of products for customers around the world, in a range of industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care, fuel systems, and tools and test equipment. The company continually invests in next-generation products and services designed to win in the marketplace.
Reporting to the Textron Systems Director Import/Export Compliance, the Export/Import Compliance Analyst will proactively handle export/import compliance matters for Textron Systems as assigned. Will interact with employees at all levels and will work both independently and with other members of the Legal, Contracts and Compliance Department staff on a variety of interesting international trade compliance matters. This role, located in Hunt Valley, MD, or Slidell, LA, requires successful management of a broad range of responsibilities in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment. In performing this role the Export/Import Compliance Analyst will:
• Provide a full range of proactive export compliance guidance to program management, contracts, procurement, business development, shipping, security and other functional areas, including domestic/foreign operations and subsidiaries.
• Prepare DDTC and Commerce license applications, Technical Assistance Agreements, Manufacturing License Agreements and Warehousing Distribution Agreements.
• Determine applicability of ITAR exemptions, ECCNs, and use of Commerce license exceptions
• Work in collaboration with in-house attorneys and outside counsel to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Provide support in connection with internal/external audits and investigations.
• Track application status, maintain database of granted export approvals, satisfy record-keeping requirements, and prepare required reports.
• Assist in maintaining up-to-date Export Compliance Policies, Procedures and Manuals.
• Assist in planning and conducting employee training.
• Assist in determining export jurisdiction and ECCN/USML classification for all products.
• May perform other Trade Compliance duties as assigned