Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Wilmington, MA business location. Visit TextronSystems.com
to read more about who we are and the products we make!About This Role
Textron Systems is seeking an experienced Senior Manufacturing Engineer, focused on Design for Manufacturing and Assembly and product transition to production within the development phase of the product life cycle to join our team. This individual will be responsible for providing manufacturing engineering input to support new product development, and to optimize design for manufacturability, design for assembly, design to cost, and transition to production. This individual will work alongside the design engineering team during the preliminary development phases of emerging programs to analyze and improve manufacturing cost, quality, and DFX. Responsibilities will also include other upstream activities such as capital equipment, facility requirements, existing and emerging manufacturing technologies, tool design, cost estimating, and configuration control. This individual will work closely with Design Engineering, Engineering Prototype Technicians, Manufacturing Engineers, Machinists, and Assembly Technicians to complete initial prototype builds, analyze results, and refine engineering designs.
Our Manufacturing Engineering team is focused on developing and improving new product designs to incorporate all necessary cost, quality, and DFX improvements to support advanced emerging programs for military, government, and commercial customers.
• Provide manufacturing engineering input to support new product development, from initial conceptual design to the transition-to-production phase.
• Perform design for manufacturability, design for assembly, and design to cost analyses during the preliminary development phase of emerging programs and drive changes early in product development to improve manufacturability
• Collaborate with Design Engineering, Engineering Prototype Technicians, Machinists, Assembly Technicians, and other Manufacturing Engineers to provide a clear line of communication between design and manufacturing.
• Participate in tabletop design reviews and formal CCB reviews.
• Perform make/buy analyses for new designs.
• Collaborate with suppliers for outsourcing activities.
• Determine necessary capital equipment, facility requirements, manufacturing technologies, and other manufacturing requirements for emerging programs.
• Develop manufacturing processes, procedures, tool designs, production layouts, cost estimates, and configuration control methods for efficient manufacturing of new products.
• Identify emerging manufacturing technologies and perform cost/benefit analysis for implementation.
• Develop factory floorplans and machine arrangements with facilities to ensure efficient and productive manufacturing flow.
• Develop detailed manufacturing process documents.
• Develop detailed production plans to support new products.
• Maintain a positive attitude while interacting with a diverse and multi-functional workforce.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated implementation of lean practices
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate multiple lean production layouts and material flows and select the optimal layout