Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Land Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
Land Systems is seeking highly qualified technical candidates to lead the Ground Robotics Mechanical Engineering Team. The qualified candidate will provide technical leadership and guidance on development efforts that impact ground robotics products and programs. As the engineering lead, the person filling this role will be responsible for the execution of mechanical analysis, design, implementation, integration, and field support for multiple products across several programs. The candidate must be comfortable with leading a team of engineers through the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
· Manage a 5–10-person team of mechanical engineers ranging from junior to senior levels
· Lead full life-cycle mechanical product development tasks for unmanned ground vehicles
· Lead requirements analysis, mechanical design, unit testing, integration, installation, and maintenance
· Lead mechanical design tasks planning and estimating activities
· Participate in proposal activities to include technical writing
· Work in a diverse cross-functional team to deliver a fully integrated product
· Become the technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) for mechanical subsystems
· Preparing and presenting engineering work products to internal review teams and external customers at program milestone reviews
· Implementation, integration, and test of platforms in an outdoors offroad field environments and/or testing at customer sites.
· Develop and mentor junior staff
· Experience in developing drawings to ASME Y14 standards and ASME Y14.5-2009 (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
· Recent engineering group leadership performance that demonstrates technical and staff management capabilities,
· Experience in Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
· Experience with Product Lifecycle Management systems (eMatrix, TeamCenter, etc.)
· Experience with leading Technical Data Package (TDP) generation and maturity
· Experience with CAD tools such as NX and Solidworks
· Experience in developing and mentor junior staff
· Solving complex technical problems involving mechanical engineering solutions
· Effective writing and presentation skills.
· Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Visio).
· Active Secret Clearance preferred; Secret eligibility required
· Up to 20% of travel is required