Who We Are:
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Unmanned Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!AboutThis Role:
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:Description:
• Will serve as an Aerosonde External Pilot crewmember in support of training and sustainment operations. Duties could include maintenance, training, instruction and logistical tasks in support of the Aerosonde SUAS
• Additional duties will include emplacement / displacement / inspection / disposition / repair and replenishment of associated equipment as well as proper notation of logbooks, flight records, and COLTS
• Perform as a Subject Matter Expert for operator and maintenance related issues
• Primary duties could possibly require travel, both domestically and internationally including deployments and training exercisesResponsibilities:
• Provide operational support for the Aerosonde SUAS both domestically and internationally during deployments and/or training exercises
• Safely and effectively perform as an Aerosonde External Pilot, Aircraft Operator, Flight Crew Chief, and Maintenance Technician 1 in groups or independently with minimal or no supervision, including flight and ground equipment setup/maintenance as well as logs and records
• Coordinate flight schedules, airspace, resources, frequency management, and other aspects of flight operations
• Directly interface with current and future customers both domestically and internationally
• Will be required to work odd shifts, weekends, and/or extended hours
• Responsible for data management and generation
• Provides general logistics functions
• Troubleshoot technical problems and issues and determine technical solutions
How We Care:
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
- Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.