Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Unmanned Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com
to read more about who we are and the products we make!About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
Leading our manufacturing estimating team. This individual will be responsible for owning and managing the preparation and submittal of detailed cost estimates for manufacturing of products and services across a wide variety of programs and customers. The estimating team is focused on providing accurate data to support advanced, quick-turnaround projects for military, government, and commercial customers.
• Create accurate cost estimates for manufacturing and production programs. These programs range from highly technical developmental designs to sustainment activities for existing products in various manufacturing volumes.
• Identify and quantify manufacturing requirements that may impact costs, such as labor, engineering, tooling, and capital equipment.
• Collaborate with the procurement team to develop material costs.
• Collaborate with engineering teams in determining designs that utilize the most efficient manufacturing methods.
• Collaborate with the manufacturing engineering team to validate manufacturing processes and procedures.
• Support proposal personnel through the full proposal process, from RFP to final negotiations.
• Support the production planning team to validate manufacturing average costs and optimal production lot sizes.
• Evaluate drawing and bill of material specifications to verify the manufacturing estimate is achievable and practical.
• Develop make/buy analyses utilizing cost data history and supplier quotes coupled with core/context analysis.
• Develop average support to touch ratios using historical data.
• Provide guidance and support during internal and external audits.
• Analyze prior proposal data to compare estimated manufacturing hours against actual executed hours, to improve future estimate accuracy.
• Lead the estimating function on quick turn-around estimates, a high level of customer service, highly accurate estimates, detailed thorough analysis, written proposal presentation at an executive level, and optimized estimating process and tools.