Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Unmanned Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com
to read more about who we are and the products we make!About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
Performing Quality Engineering assignments requiring independent evaluation, selection, and application of standard Quality Engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgment and ingenuity in making adaptations and modifications. Work is performed on moderately complex contracts requiring independent execution within a defined set of skills or knowledge area. The Sr Quality Engineer supports product design activities, planning for quality, production activities, data analysis and development of metrics, root cause and corrective action, and process and product improvement.Responsibilities:
1. Reviews customer contracts on moderately complex projects; responsible for requirements analysis, identification and definition.
2. Performs quality planning activities including development of Quality Plan, Quality Assurance Directive and Inspection Plan documents as required by the assigned project(s).
3. Interfaces with Supplier Quality Engineering to provide guidance and support for supplier issues.
4. Uses knowledge of inspection tools and techniques to define inspection requirements.
5. Participates in design document reviews
6. Participates in process improvement activities through monitoring, root cause investigations, auditing, failure analysis etc.
7. Participates in Program Management activities appropriate to the assigned project(s).
8. Participates in Contract Data Requirements List development, review and delivery to the customer as required by the assigned project(s).
9. Assists in developing fabrication/build processes and standards.
10. Leads Material Review Board (MRB) disposition and tracking activities.
11. Interfaces with internal organizations and systems in performance of the assigned Quality Engineering functions.
12. Provides status inputs to the Cost Account Manager for tasks performed. May perform CAM function for small to medium projects.
13. Performs QA estimating for small to medium, less complex projects.