Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Weapon Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About the Position:
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Director, Capture to lead our efforts in securing a Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition Category 1 (ACAT1) contract award. As a Senior Capture Manager, you will be responsible for developing and executing capture strategies, leading cross-functional teams, and driving the successful acquisition of high-value DoD contracts. This is a critical role that requires a deep understanding of DoD ACAT programs and the ability to navigate complex government procurement processes. Your expertise in the defense industry, combined with your exceptional leadership and strategic thinking abilities, will be critical in positioning our company for success in this highly competitive market.
· Capture Strategy Development: Develop comprehensive capture strategies for major DoD ACAT programs, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and objectives. Identify key customer requirements, competitive landscape, teaming opportunities, and potential risks to create winning strategies.
· Opportunity Assessment: Conduct in-depth market research and analysis to evaluate potential DoD ACAT opportunities. Assess the feasibility and strategic fit of pursuing each opportunity, considering factors such as budgetary constraints, customer needs, competitive positioning, and available resources.
· Relationship Building: Establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including DoD program managers, contracting officers, industry partners, and teaming subcontractors. Leverage these relationships to gather critical information, influence decision-making, and enhance the organization's reputation and standing.
· Team Leadership: Lead cross-functional capture teams composed of subject matter experts from various disciplines, including business development, engineering, finance, and proposal development. Provide guidance, direction, and motivation to ensure effective collaboration and optimal performance throughout the capture process.
· Competitive Analysis: Conduct thorough competitive intelligence gathering, analyzing competitor strategies, strengths, weaknesses, and past performance. Utilize this information to shape the organization's positioning and differentiate our offerings in the marketplace.
· Win Theme Development: Collaborate with proposal development teams to develop compelling win themes, customer-centric messaging, and solution strategies that resonate with DoD decision-makers. Ensure alignment between the capture strategy and the subsequent proposal development process.
· Risk Management: Identify and assess potential risks associated with pursuing DoD ACAT programs, including technical, financial, and regulatory risks. Develop risk mitigation strategies and contingency plans to address potential obstacles and maximize the probability of a successful capture.
· Proposal: Provide leadership during the proposal development phase, collaborating closely with proposal managers, writers, and subject matter experts. Review and contribute to proposal sections related to the capture strategy, win themes, and competitive differentiators.
· Post-Capture Analysis: Conduct post-capture analysis to evaluate the effectiveness of capture strategies, identify lessons learned, and facilitate continuous improvement. Share insights and best practices with the business development and capture management teams to enhance future capture efforts.