This role is in Air Systems; one of the domains within Textron Systems, although you will support other domains including Sea, Land, Electronic, and Weapon Systems. At Textron Systems, we provide enduring solutions for a complex world. Our employees make a difference as part of a community that is 35,000 strong, of innovative thinkers, doers, and makers. This community is relied on to support the members of the armed forces who protect our country on the front lines.
As a Software Configuration Management Analyst at Textron Systems, you will have the opportunity to manage software configurations and drawing creation/change for products that support and deliver critical capabilities to the warfighter. Successful candidates will be eager to guide and support our Customers and our Engineering teams to follow industry-standard configuration management practices as they investigate, design, and integrate new and advanced technologies into our family of products, and thrive in an agile and fast-paced environment.
- Assist program teams with creation/modification of software drawings, parts lists, Engineering Change Notices (ECN).
- Review documentation creation and change activities to ensure proper application of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Enterprise Resource Management (ERP) system requirements to metadata at the time of release.
- Process software media duplication requests.
- Coordinate and manage the five functions of Configuration Management for programs of small to medium size. Help programs meet their goals for cost, quality, and schedule.
- Draft new Configuration Management Plans for new programs, maintain CM Plans for existing work.
- Represent Configuration Management in program reviews, presenting relevant data and defending project technical issues.
- Coordinate delivery of periodic Technical Data Package (TDP) deliveries.
- Refine existing and develop new policies and procedures to support timely program execution and compliance with new and revised Configuration Management standards.
Qualifications and Experience
- Associate degree in a relevant field with no experience, or equivalent education and/or experience to demonstrate the ability to successfully perform the job
- Personal computer and corporate tool skills. (e.g., All Microsoft Office – Access, Excel, MS Project
- Effective written, presentation, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and schedule tasks with attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others within a team environment.
- Ability to read, interpret, and extract applicable information from specifications.
- Ability to learn and use software tools (e.g. Mercurial, JIRA, Collaborator, Matrix).
- Ability to establish and maintain configuration baselines for planning, managing, and building systems.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Thorough knowledge of ASME Y14.100 and related standards is preferred.
- Familiarity with ENOVIA PLM, Teamcenter PLM, and Oracle ERP systems is preferred.
Join Our Team
At Textron Systems, our talented team makes us successful, and we promote an inclusive environment that values individuality, differences, and unique perspectives. Ideal candidates are:
We offer an array of benefits to help employees thrive professionally and personally, including:
- Matching 401k
- Tuition assistance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 9/80 work schedule
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Wellness program (including fitness reimbursement)
- Career development & training opportunities
- Employee resource groups that support our drive for inclusion
- Mentoring, and more