Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Sea Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
This is an opportunity to work as a Systems Engineer in our Sea Systems or Land Systems organizations, on products such as our CUSV, Remote Combat Vehicle (RCV), and Advanced Reconnaissance Vehicle (ARV). This is an interdisciplinary role, enabling the full life cycle development of our products. This role may include supporting development of new products and product upgrades, payload design, integration and test, and development of fielding solutions for our military and commercial customers.
We believe people should love what they do – in a Systems Engineer II role, you will be responsible for:
· Supporting full-lifecycle engineering design and development activities on established UxS and disruptive new products.
· Using technical acumen and problem-solving skills toward the execution of systems engineering tasks – including (but not limited to) requirements analysis, impact assessments, systems modeling (SysML), trade studies, requirements derivation, design review support, integration planning, test, verification, risk management, and engineering analysis.
· Preparing and presenting systems engineering work products to internal review teams and external customers at program milestone reviews.
· Interacting daily with technical leads, program managers, planners, technicians, and other engineers.
· Driving tasks to completion independently – aided by appropriate supervision and mentoring.
· Collaborating with others within the workgroup, with other departments, and the customer.