Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Air Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
This role is for an individual contributor in the Textron System’s Integrated Product Support Systems and Specialty Engineering (IPSS+) group. The IPSS+ team is responsible for Technical Publications, Training Development, Integrated Product Support Management, Safety, Reliability, Human Factors, and Logistics Engineering activities. The analyst will function primarily as an owner of the Logistics Product Data (LPD) database for one or multiple programs but will also have the opportunity to support other Logistic Support Analysis (LSA) activities as necessary to identify support resources and document them within a comprehensive Logistics Product Data (LPD) Database. The analyst will carry out significant data collection and analysis activities and frequently interface with subject matter experts (SMEs) across functional disciplines including engineering, technical publications, training, and the Integrated Supply Chain. In addition, the analyst will support the development of technical reports, plans and presentation materials, and effectively support communications with various stakeholders.
- Developing and maintaining LPD/Logistic Support Analysis Records (LSAR) in accordance with GEIA-STD-0007 and/or MIL STD-1388-2B
- Reviewing customer and company specific requirement documents as the basis for establishing supportability requirements for equipment and determining the LSA technical studies that are appropriate given the defined program scope and product life cycle phase. LSA methods may include but are not limited to Provisioning, Maintenance Task Analysis, Personnel and Manpower Requirements Analysis, Support and Test Equipment Requirements Analysis, Packaging, Handling, Storage, and Transportation (PHS&T) Analysis
- Supporting various Integrated Product Support (IPS) conferences, meetings, and demonstrations such as LSA and Provisioning Guidance Conferences, Maintainability and Logistics Demonstrations, and Integrated Logistic Support (ILS)/Integrated Product Support (IPS) Integrated Product Team (IPT) reviews
- Collecting data necessary to support the conduct of LSA and the development of comprehensive LPD Databases through review of technical data including engineering drawings and specifications, as well as through communication with technical SMEs and various product stakeholders.
- Generating reports and participating in briefings that summarize the results of technical studies and communicate results to both the internal and external customers through written reports and verbal presentations.
- Establishing good working relationships with internal and external customers
- Other Logistics analysis as required