Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Air Systems Domain. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
The Manager, Government Property, reporting directly to the Sr. Manager, Inventory Compliance, is responsible for managing, reporting, and auditing of the Textron Systems Hunt Valley Government Property Management System in support of each business area. This includes the maintenance of records and issuance of required contractual reports concerning government-owned property from its receipt at the company to its final disposition after contract completion or termination.
· Provide process ownership over policy/procedure development, deployment, maintenance, and training.
· Execution of compliance audits related to Government Property Management across, production, engineering lab, logistics warehouses, satellite facilities, and subcontractor locations.
· Investigate and report any loss, damage, destruction, or theft of Government property
· Act as a liaison with internal and external customers to resolve government property issues
· Coordinate activities of Property leads across multiple business areas and physical sites
· Coordinate deliverables to DCMA or other US government agency property administrators.
· Provide mentoring and guidance relative to the Government Property System
· Responsible for resolving complex systems and process problems.
· Analyze current practices for deficiencies and determines potential corrective action.
· Maintain auditable records of government-owned property located at the facility and associated vendor/subcontractor facilities or other alternate sites.
· Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to government property.
· Ensure compliance with company policy and procedures, contractual and FAR/DFARS requirements.
· Review vendor/subcontractor’s control of government property in coordination with management and Purchasing, Subcontracts Departments and Program Management. This may be accomplished through site visits.
· Provides excellent internal/external customer service in the form of communication and timeliness