Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
Visit TextronSystems.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
The Textron Team is seeking a talented systems engineer to support defense programs. As a Systems Engineer, you will perform a variety of assignments including requirements analysis, architecture design, integration, and test. A strong candidate will possess a broad knowledge base in multiple engineering disciplines and be able to execute in both design and production environments. You will have the opportunity to work in a multi-functional team environment and directly support our nation’s war fighters. Whether your desired career path is technical or leadership, Textron is highly diversified with a strong grow-from-within philosophy that offers exceptional opportunities for career progression. In this role, you may be responsible for:
• Supporting full-life cycle engineering design and development activities
• Executing systems engineering tasks – including (but not limited to) requirements analysis, traceability and management, trade studies, system architecture definition, interface management, design review support, integration planning, test, verification, risk management, and engineering analysis.
• Conducting system modeling and define concepts of operations in support of system design
• Developing system and manufacturing specifications including verification plans
• Preparing and presenting systems engineering work products to internal review teams and external customers at program milestone reviews.
• Generating statements of work and monitoring outside contractor performance.
• Serving as a resource to others within the work group, department, and the organization.
• Interacting daily with program managers, planners, and technicians.
• Driving tasks to completion independently.
• Applying Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) to both new and existing products.
• Leads must review and approve the systems engineering work products of junior staff. Must mentor others within the work group, department, and the organization