Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Legal business area. Visit TextronSystems.com
to read more about who we are and the products we make!Job Description:
The Director, Contracts shall proactively manage the contracts function for Textron Systems, including its off-site operations and locations. In addition to providing contract leadership, advice and support to business area management and program teams, s/he will be responsible for leading and managing a group of contract professionals in all aspects of contract management. In performing this role, the Director, Contracts will:
• Ensure the contracts function serves as the primary customer interface and official point of contact for all contractual matters within the business area during all phases of contract formation and administration.
• Supervise, mentor and train contracts personnel reporting directly or indirectly to the Director, Contracts in a collegial environment. Design career development plans, create professional development opportunities, and ensure robust succession plans are instituted for all staff members.
• Ensure contracts function provides appropriate business area support in all pre-contract formation activities, such as: review of solicitations and terms and conditions, performance of risk analyses and assessments, participation in bid/no bid decisions, provision of guidance on proposal strategies, development and preparation activities, review of cost proposals, maintenance of cost and pricing data records for TINA compliance, support fact-finding and DCAA audits, and lead negotiations.
• Proactively supervise a staff of contracts professionals who: manage and administer a variety of contracts (government/commercial, domestic/international) of all types (cost reimbursement, fixed price, incentive, award fee, IDIQ, time and material, etc.) and modifications thereto; prepare and coordinate business correspondence; generate required contract-related reports; and maintain accurate and complete contract files and records for the company.
• Remain actively engaged with (and serve as an integral member of) designated business area management and program teams. Develop strong interfaces with AAI personnel in other functional areas and maintain close contact with appropriate levels of management as necessary to be effective as Director Contracts. Participate in program reviews, monitor program performance (contract schedules, deliverables, funding, invoicing, and payments), and notify program leaders and management of potential non-compliances or other problems that could have an adverse impact on the company. Recommend to program leaders and management contract solutions and strategies that will favorably impact the company.
• Supervise and support staff in identification, management and negotiation of contract changes, and coordination and resolution of contract issues internally and with external customers. Work with program leaders and management to ensure that an effective contract change management process is in place. Provide advice and guidance regarding contract disputes and actively participate in resolution of these matters.
• Actively manage and oversee process of closing out of completed contracts.
• Ensure contract management activities are conducted in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, and customer requirements.
• Serve as an integral member of the TSC Legal and Contracts organization and forge a close working relationship with Legal department members. Ensure coordination with Legal on contract matters that may have legal significance (such as, identifying to Legal non-standard or potentially high risk terms and conditions) prior to advising management of contractual risks, rights and obligations, and terms and conditions interpretations.
• Actively pursue continuing contracts education opportunities to remain abreast of industry trends and changes to contracting laws, regulations, and practices.
• Identify opportunities for process improvement, applying Six Sigma principles and concepts where appropriate.
• Perform other contract-related duties as assigned.