Who We Are
This role is in Air Systems; one of the domains within Textron Systems. Textron Systems is a part of Textron, a global $14B family of companies with many well-known brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, and Arctic Cat, employing over 35,000 innovative thinkers, doers, and makers. At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
In Air Systems, we encourage our personnel to not only thrive at work but also to support and inspire the communities around our business. We meet our customers’ needs for Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) by building healthy teams, unleashing creativity, and attention to detail. Our product line includes proven industry leaders Shadow and Aerosonde UAS. We work to be a trusted partner for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Textron Systems is a highly collaborative company, and it provides ample opportunity to matriculate into other products lines, such as Textron System's Land and Sea Domains - among many others. Visit TextronSystems.com to read more about us and the cool things we make!
Our products are relied upon every day by members of the armed forces who protect our country on the front lines. We are dedicated to hiring Veterans and aim to translate their skills to positively impact our company, community, and country.
What We Offer
Our company is committed to offering employees opportunities to develop and grow at a healthy and vigorous pace. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their personal and professional goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples:
- Competitive pay
- 401(K) with Matching
- Healthcare Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- Networking and Mentoring Programs
- Employee Resource Groups that Directly Support Inclusion
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Performance-Based Rewards and Recognition
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Wellness Program (Including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
Who is a Match?
Applicants often ask us what qualities we are looking for in a job candidate. Below is a list of some of the attributes that we value:
- Safety Adherent
- Team Player
- Positive Attitude
- Skilled Practitioner
- Curious Innovator
- Clear, Careful Communicator
- Lifelong Learner
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will provide electrical support for the design, integration, and maintenance of electrical systems on a variety unmanned air systems in a fast-paced environment. These systems are experimental and cutting-edge technological advancements that are intended to protect the warfighter in various theaters as well as provide civil support for commercial applications. This individual will have an opportunity to travel, execute experimental military and civil hardware testing, and grow in their role. The position involves supporting lab operations of component integration, modifications, assembly and test, of air vehicles, and potentially ground robotics and naval surface vessels. Individual must be willing to support at remote test sites to include serving as a crew chief, safety lookout, and support and maintenance crew member during field testing. Candidates must be able to work from assembly documentation (i.e. work instructions, drawings etc.), parts lists, and diagrams to assemble, wire and install a wide variety of components. Assembly may be by hand or by semiautomatic assembly equipment. The individual will operates electronic and mechanical test equipment.
• Maintain and operate unmanned systems and support equipment
• Troubleshoot electronic and general electrical systems using equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes and RF analyzers
• Assist engineers and designers with prototype development and testing
• Support offsite testing and demonstrations
• Actively perform lab maintenance, safety audits, and material tracking
• Use small hand tools such as soldering irons, wire strippers, crimpers, wrenches, screwdrivers and pliers
• Identify and document work order instruction or drawing errors
• Maintain logbooks and records
• Demonstrated ability to interpret drawings and schematics