Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Unmanned Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com
to read more about who we are and the products we make!About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
An Integrated Supply Chain Project Specialist represents the Operations and Supply Chain groups within program core teams during the New Product Life Cycle Development process. The objective of this role is to become the key link and conduit between the business programs/engineering and ISC to align strategies, drive execution, and meet performance expectations. This person will be the ISC point of contact for program needs helping to drive the program team members to meet Operations milestones, and provide weekly status, progress and risk updates to the core team relative to the transition to production of programs. They will drive closure of Operations and Supply Chain tasks in support of the Product Life Cycle Process (PLCP). The ideal candidate for this position is an individual who possesses a great deal of experience in the industry with multiple program transitions, has strong negotiation, facilitation and communication skills to effectively develop and build strong networks and hold others inclusive of themselves accountable to perform.
· Primary Operations representative to Program team to understand and coordinate Operations program requirements
· Understand and coordinate Operations and supply chain program requirements
· Determine and secure Operations resource needs to support program (personnel and assets) and ensure coordination for Operations capital and spend requirements
· Communicate Operations schedule, quality and cost plan to Program Management for inclusion into the integrated program plan and provide timely and accurate status against plan.
· Drive on-going Manufacturing product cost analysis in support of product cost targets.
· Drive manufacturing readiness reviews to insure all Operations functions are ready for next NPI cycle.
· Ensure DFx activities to achieve 100% resolution of manufacturing issues
· Drive BOM and Drawing reviews to assure accuracy and readiness
· Work with Engineering and Quality to identify and qualify robust suppliers – cost, lead time, quality, and reliability.
· Work with Strategic Sourcing to develop and implement Manufacturing Service Agreements and Statements of Work with key suppliers
· Work with Manufacturing to ensure all BOMs, AMLs, and associated data elements are in place to support planning, procurement, build, and ship processes.
· Work with Manufacturing to drive material and build readiness for proto, pre-production, and production ramp builds in adherence to schedule requirements.
· Work with Manufacturing to ensure all change activity (ECN, variances, deviations) is implemented accurately and effectively to support program schedule
· Assess Operations process effectiveness and drive improvements
- Run ISC status meetings and execution reviews and presentations to internal customers.
- Create long term plans and roadmaps for a product to show the supply chain evolution from Prototype through to production