Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Unmanned Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
The Industrial Engineer reports directly into the Manager, Industrial Engineering and provides value-added services executing ISC Services future state to enable the Textron Systems Enterprise to achieve Operations Excellence by ensuring optimal campus, office, PL&C and factory layouts, defining core manufacturing throughout the various sites, and optimization of capital investments to provide the latest manufacturing and material handling technology to drive cost efficiencies. This role focuses on finding ways to eliminate wastefulness in production processes, devising creative efficient systems that integrate workers, machines, materials, information, and energy to optimize our products and services. This role will also focus on the renovation and/or new design of new production lines to support our new programs.
1. Visits various sites and leads in the application of Industrial Engineering concepts, techniques, and tools to create detailed layouts and industrialization plans using software to enable transition to the facilities team for capital execution to achieve needed program performance (cost, schedule, quality).
2. Leads in the creation of capital plans and justifications for approval submission aligned to the enterprise capital plan.
3. Is expected to research, benchmark, and identify equipment, automation, technology, processes, tools, etc. to optimize operations across the enterprise.
4. Focuses on processes and systems associated with collecting customer requirements (voice of customer), synthesizing and analyzing requirements, developing numerous potential solutions, evaluating solutions, developing recommendations and presenting project options to customers.
5. Leads improvement initiatives, using continuous improvement techniques, to increase efficiency and quality.
6. Reviews systems and processes and drives to automate and improve to reduce human error, improve the customer experience, and drive cost efficiencies.
7. Takes the lead in the management of budgets to ensure execution is conducted on-time, within scope and to budget. Must institute industry standard budget management tracking systems coupled with solid risk analysis as part of project management.
8. Leads in the analysis and design of value streams, including capability, capacity, throughput, work flow, and logistics.