Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Geospatial Solutions business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
Geospatial Solutions delivers cost-effective geospatial analysis, visualization and data management solutions to various defense, intelligence, national, and civilian organizations throughout the world. Textron Systems has deployed thousands of licenses of its Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) products to support the visualization and analysis of imagery, full motion video, GIS foundation data, elevation, SAR, LIDAR, and map data acquired by classified and commercial satellites, manned aircraft, unmanned aerial systems (UAS), and other sensors. Our mission-proven tools for exploitation and analysis, feature extraction, Data Management, and other GEOINT applications provide a core set of capabilities in support of customers worldwide.
The business is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to lead and support Business Development and Sales activities for this rapidly growing business in the Department of Homeland Security.
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, this individual’s specific duties include:
- Responsible for sales and strategy for the identification and realization of attractive growth (product license sales, custom capability development) and alliance (teaming) opportunities.
- Shall have an understanding of the business drivers and models related employed by the US Department of Defense and International Ministry of Defenses.
- Proficient in understanding the geospatial intelligence tasking, collection, processing, exploitation and dissemination (TCPED) cycle for Imagery and Full Motion Video (FMV), identifying potential customers of interest within the DoD, as well as identifying, shaping and responding to applicable RFPs or product sales opportunities.
- Routinely work with existing clients to identify and forecast upcoming software and services requirements as well as ensuring that the clients' current business needs are being satisfactorily met. The candidate shall have good leadership, organizational and management skills. The candidate shall have the aptitude to build and sustain strong and intimate relationships with customers.
- Background in applying tools and techniques, tactics, and procedures with Full Motion Video (FMV). The candidate shall use a combination of technical skill as well as domain experience to explain, demonstrate and present value proposition and benefits of TSGS geospatial solutions.
- Prepare and conduct presentations, consultative sales and gate reviews, and demonstrations of products, interpreting and capturing customer needs/requirements for product and service business pursuits.
- Work closely with the Sales Operations Team, Business Development Team, Marketing and Engineering technical staff. The candidate shall be able to interpret engineering and technical input from client/customer demonstrations and discussions and mold them into requirements for new features and products, workflows and solution architectures as applicable to the core competencies of the business.