Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
Textron Systems in Sterling, Virginia is a leading developer of sophisticated geospatial analysis software. Our software products combine a wide range of image analysis, full motion video exploitation, 3D modeling, feature extraction, LIDAR analysis, data management, and precision-positioning tools. We are looking for talented and innovative IT professionals that can assist our software development teams with deploying our products on both cloud-based and virtualized infrastructures to capture emerging customer needs. For more information visit: www.textron.com.
The Sr. Systems Administrator is responsible for supporting IT Infrastructure at Textron Systems in Sterling, Virginia reporting to the Manager, IT Infrastructure in Hunt Valley, Maryland. The candidate must be able to balance daily operations, project work and provide critical outage support. The candidate should possess a natural enthusiasm for IT, diverse in-depth technical experience, business acumen, and strong customer service skills. Textron Systems values employees that enjoy researching technology trends and implementing their findings into existing systems to solve interesting problems within our markets.
- Designing and implementing advanced IT solutions in conjunction with technical engineering teams
- Working with software development teams to optimize performance of our software products in both cloud (AWS and Microsoft Azure) and virtualized environments
- Managing multiple concurrent infrastructure projects
- Providing full lifecycle management for server, storage, and hardware operations
- Providing technical and analytical guidance as it relates to servers, storage, networking, telephony, and other IT systems
- Providing technical troubleshooting and outage support
- Providing infrastructure configuration management & change control
- Creating and maintaining process documentation
- Staying abreast of industry trends and new technologies