Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Unmanned Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com
to read more about who we are and the products we make!About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
The negotiation, placement, and management of complex, high dollar subcontracts within a government acquisition environment, including both cost and fixed price material and service type subcontracts.
• Obtain program's contractual requirements; consolidate them into an accurate Comprehensive Request for Proposal (RFP) that will protect AAI's interests in data rights, Proposal preparation costs and intellectual property; and issue AAI's RFP to prospective subcontractors.
• Examine bid responses and initiate cost and pricing analysis using results thereof combined with program objectives to develop negotiation strategy and negotiate price, terms and work scope.
• Originate formal subcontract documents and coordinate inputs and approvals from both functional and programmatic leadership stakeholders.
• Originate and maintain required documentation for subcontract files, including all pertinent government Federal Acquisition Regulation requirements when applicable.
• Facilitate, maintain and control all correspondence between AAI and subcontractor
• Verify all invoices and give initial payment approval or disapproval. This includes maintaining detailed accounts payable records for cost contracts to know when to withhold fee.
• Participate in program meetings, obtain data and requirements which must be transmitted to or obtained from subcontractors via correspondence or telephone.
• Monitor funding profiles and spend plans to be able to recommend when funding may or may not be required.
• Conduct day to day management of subcontract delivery to maintain acceptable quality and delivery targets