Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Marine & Land Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com
to read more about who we are and the products we make!About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
The Subcontracts Specialist is responsible for planning, executing, and managing subcontracts for a variety of high dollar, high complexity major systems in support of principal product lines.
• Negotiates, administers and manages complex subcontracts and service subcontracts within price, schedule and performance standards.
• Strong price analysis skills required for competitive and non-competitive procurements.
• Assist management in identifying, evaluating and selecting potential suppliers/partners for critical material and services.
• Obtains material estimates and evaluates cost proposals.
• Coordinates and documents program related information with all internal/external customers and subcontractors.
• Prepares requests for proposals, obtains subcontractor proposals, supports cost proposals, prepare cost and/or price analysis with participation in multi-facet negotiations.
• Ensures surveys are accomplished to confirm qualifications and capabilities of potential subcontractors.
• Anticipate, plan and implement actions necessary to ensure product quality, cost/budgets, schedules, technical and contractual performance by subcontractor. Monitor and periodically report on cost, schedule and technical status of projects and recommend/implement corrective actions as required.
• Prepares subcontract documents in accordance with appropriate company and customer requirements, including terms & conditions, statements of work, purchase technical specifications, data requirements and special provisions as required.
• Take appropriate actions to ensure contract compliance and performance, including coordination with other departments as well as effective communications with subcontractors to assure their understanding of key issues, risks, objectives and milestones of the program.
• Conducts subcontractor program reviews as necessary.
• Ensures all proposal plans are supported with required subcontract/material estimates and other supporting data in a timely and accurate manner.
• Act as a Cost Account Manager (CAM) in support of budget work package variances.
• Willingness to travel to supplier locations for on-site fact finding, negotiations an audit.
• Able to interpret and react to MRP demand/Purchase Requisitions.
• Proficient at Total Cost of Ownership models and effectively interact with Legal on Purchase Order Terms.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.