Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Weapon & Sensor Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
• Supporting full-life cycle engineering design and development efforts, which may include internal research and development (IRAD) activities
• Executing systems engineering tasks – including (but not limited to) requirements analysis, traceability and management, trade studies, system architecture definition, interface management, design review support, integration planning, test, verification, risk management, and engineering analysis
• Conducting system modeling and defining concepts of operations in support of system design
• Developing system and manufacturing specifications including verification plans
• Preparing and presenting systems engineering work products to internal review teams and external customers at program milestone reviews
• Generating statements of work and monitoring outside contractor performance
• Serving as a resource to others within the work group, department, and the organization
• Interacting daily in a team environment with program managers, planners, and technicians
• Driving tasks to completion independently
• Applying Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) to new products
• Reviewing and approving systems engineering work products of junior staff