Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Unmanned Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com
to read more about who we are and the products we make!Job Summary:
A Contracts Business Manager has varied and complex responsibilities with considerable authority and latitude of action in the submission and negotiation of proposals and agreements, and the effective management and administration of U.S. Government, commercial, and international contract documents.Responsibilities:
• Reviews, obtains requisite approvals, and signs all contractually binding correspondence up to level of delegation
• Serves as functional authority on contractual documents obligating TSC as authorized by Textron, Inc.
• Supports senior management and program team on contractual issues as required
• Oversees management and administration of contracts including, but not limited to preparation, submission, negotiation of proposals, to include requests for equitable adjustment; monitoring contract performance and compliance; maintains close liaison with customer functional departments and program management; changes and disputes; assures all correspondence is properly distributed; whole or partial termination of contracts; contract close out; and Configuration Control Board participation
• Initiates, submits, presents and negotiates new business proposals including spare parts and service contracts and of Joint Venture, Teaming, Proprietary, and other Agreements
• Oversees the work and development of others and leads a contracting team
• Align contract performance with strategic objectives
• Identify contract and program risks and develop mitigation solutions
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned by management