Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems. Visit TextronSystems.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
This role is within Textron System’s Applied Technologies & Advanced Programs division working with Common Unmanned Surface Vessel (CUSV) products. The CUSV is a cutting-edge product designed to sweep, hunt, and execute vital mine countermeasure programs to keep the fleet safe. Our team is made up of talented engineers and technicians passionate about solving challenging engineering problems. A strong candidate will possess a broad knowledge base in systems engineering combined with experience in unmanned systems applications and command and control of autonomous systems. We move fast in both R&D and production environments, so your desire to take ownership of quick turn projects and integrate new technology into our vessels is essential.About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this Manager Engineering role, you will be responsible for:
• Providing technical leadership, functional leadership, and oversight of all activities of the USV Systems Engineering team.
• Creating, training, and enforcing processes that streamline product development and drive continuous improvement in engineering quality and program cost.
• Executing or overseeing standard systems engineering work products.
• Managing work flow and proper staffing supporting multiple product lines.
• Motivating, developing, and growing your direct reports.
• Actively participate in the attraction, selection, retention, and development of top engineering talent including external consultants and experts.
• Writing or reviewing technical sections of proposals. Prepare or approve strong basis of cost estimates.
• Preparing and presenting engineering work products to internal review teams and external customers at program milestone reviews and as deliverable reports.
• Generating or overseeing product specifications and Statements of Work; monitor outside contractor performance.
• Serving as a mentor and technical resource to others within the department and the engineering organization.
• Driving tasks to completion independently.Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Systems, Software, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering required; Master’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum 8 years related work experience, preferably at least 3 years in Naval design applications, preferably at least 3 years of experience in formal or informal supervisory role.