Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Electronic Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
Textron System, Electronic Systems is seeking talented Electrical Engineers (EE) to design and develop complex hardware solution for a variety of technical problems. Electrical Engineers engage in a variety of technical projects of moderate scope including schematic capture and circuit card design, Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) hardware and firmware design and development, and embedded microcontroller design and development. Additionally, EEs are expected to create, maintain and follow Interface Control Documents (ICDs), specifications and test procedures for circuit card assemblies and system integration.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Solving complex problems that may require research and analysis of alternatives involving many factors.
· Working independently to determine and develop innovative solutions.
· Contributing to and/or ensures the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
· Working with schematic capture tools such as Mentor Graphics DxDesigner.
· Designing VHDL code for FPGAs (Altera/IntelPSG and/or Xilinx).
· Developing code for embedded microcontrollers (Atmel, Microchip, etc).
· Writing interface control documents, specifications and test procedures for designs.
· Reporting status including schedule progress and problems/issues.
· Working closely with hardware in a lab setting, and debugging using lab equipment (e.g. Spectrum Analyzer, Digital Oscilloscope).
You will be part of highly skilled team and need to interface with other team members, including those of other engineering disciplines. Additional job duties could include systems level requirements analysis, design, and proposal input. You may also be involved in system testing for products you’re a part of and aid with fielding and/or training of the customer.