Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Unmanned Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com
to read more about who we are and the products we make!
Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure, the IT Manager is responsible for technology planning and service execution for IT infrastructure systems. The candidate must be able to balance daily operations and project work in a large scale, highly complex, cross-functional operating environment. The candidate should possess a natural enthusiasm for IT, diverse in-depth technical experience, business acumen, and strong customer service skills. Responsibilities:
• Oversee a team of globally dispersed IT professionals. Set individual objectives in accordance with Enterprise goals and conduct performance reviews and ratings; recruit and develop talent.
• Own IT Service Delivery processes and execution; create and maintain process documentation.
• Develop metrics and KPIs for measuring process performance to drive continuous improvement and customer satisfaction
• Key areas of responsibilities include:
o Service Management Processes (Service Desk, Voice of Customer, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management, SLA Management, Customer Satisfaction)
o Desktop & End User Services
o Collaboration Platform Management
o Identity and Access Management
o Enterprise Software Licensing
o Retained Application Support
o Vendor Management
o Budget Management
• Partner and consult with peers and Infrastructure leaders across the Enterprise to drive adoption of best practices
• Manage multiple concurrent infrastructure projects
• Provide technical troubleshooting and outage support
• Provide remote site configuration & support
• Work closely with IT application teams, end users, business leadership, corporate IT and third-party IT service providers
• Safeguard assets by planning and implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures
• Work closely with IT security to mitigate risks associated with infrastructure systems
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.