Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Unmanned Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com
to read more about who we are and the products we make!About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:POSITION SUMMARY:
The Sr. Manager, Production Operations, reporting to the Director, Operations, will lead a team of Factory Managers who are responsible for the day to day execution of a Production Operation in the Hunt Valley, MD manufacturing environment. JOB DUTIES:
Provide oversite and manage near-term and long-term factory operations to manufacture products with the highest levels of quality on-time and competitively. Specific responsibilities and duties include: • Responsible for the leadership of a team of exempt factory managers and together work to achieve the manufacturing metrics and goals related to product delivery, quality and cost.
• Manage resources across the entire manufacturing facility to optimize productivity and cost effectiveness
• Work with the Master Scheduler and leverage Sales and Operating Planning methodologies to optimize balance between demand and supply.
• Ensure compliance and execution associated with the Quality Management Systems and other contractually driven requirements.
• Instructs assigned personnel on processes, policies and procedures and coordinates with staff and designated support groups to resolve problems.
• Responsible for developing department(s) staffing plans needed to meet future production needs.
• Provide coaching, mentoring and stretch assignments to develop the factory managers management skills as well as understanding the various manufacturing departments within Textron Systems
• Provide a strong focus on developing talent throughout the organization and working with the entire manufacturing team on succession planning.
• Guide factory managers in running the factory Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and help to resolve issues outside the IPTs control.
• Oversees, evaluates and controls the manufacturing budgets, schedules and quality of work.
• Represents the manufacturing segment in all program operations meetings.
• Interacts with other ISC Project Managers and Planners to support production priorities and assists with rebalancing work throughout the facility to accommodate shifting priorities.
• Responsible for the final determination of capital equipment and tooling expenses required to meet the factories needs. Responsible for ensuring the capital and tooling is executed to schedule and budget.
• Responsible for Performance Management, Training and Development and other HR related activities for the team.
• Writes procedures, forecasts and manpower plans, while assessing planned vs. actual performance standards.
• Practices Lean Manufacturing principles and concepts.
• Works with other managers within ISC to evaluate areas of improvement and assists in forming and mentoring teams to drive the improvements to closure.