Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Unmanned Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
This role will develop relationships and partner with our suppliers to ensure Textron Systems supply chain objectives and improve quality performance. It will work with suppliers to engineer or re-engineer processes that ensure product will comply with required drawings and specifications.
· Collaborate with suppliers in contemporary quality assurance processes and procedures to facilitate continuous improvement of supplier and product performance.
· Perform and/or participate in source qualification by performing quality management system surveys and special process surveys.
- Solicit supplier inputs into product design, considering design for manufacturability, cost, reliability, parts availability, and more.
- With procurement, conduct technical interchange meetings with suppliers prior to start of production to ensure requirements are understood and can be met without limitation.
· Perform process reviews, first article reviews, and witness testing at supplier facilities ensuring procured product meets drawings, specifications, processes and statement of work requirements.
· Assist receiving inspection in resolving inspection and documentation issues.
· Work with procurement, program management, program quality, engineering, manufacturing, inspection, and government representatives to resolve issues with discrepant supplier material.
· Perform data analysis and issue reports on supplier performance to ensure suppliers meet and maintain expected quality levels.
· Investigate trends and issue timely corrective action requests to suppliers to resolve discrepant material issues and determine root cause.