Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Arctic Cat, and Textron Systems. For more information visit: www.textron.com. ABOUT TEXTRON SYSTEMS:
Harnessing agility and a broad base of expertise, Textron Systems’ innovative businesses design, manufacture, field and support comprehensive solutions that expand customer capabilities and deliver value. Textron Systems' businesses are industry-leading developers and integrators of unmanned systems, advanced marine craft, armored vehicles, intelligent battlefield and surveillance systems, geospatial management and analysis systems, intelligence software solutions, precision weapons, piston engines, test and training systems, and total lifecycle sustainment and operational services.
Textron Systems is comprised of multiple business units: Electronic Systems, Geospatial Solutions, Lycoming Engines, Marine & Land Systems, Support Solutions, TRU Simulation + Training, Unmanned Systems and Weapon & Sensor Systems. Description:
Principal Electrical Engineering Technician for production of newly developed and legacy products in Textron Systems Electronic Systems. Responsibilities include performing a variety of complex technical test functions related to the support of production activities. This includes set-up, operation, modification, calibrations, and testing of digital/analog/RF electronic assembly and sub-assembly processes. Diagnose and correct equipment and system malfunctions which fail to respond to standard corrective measures. Write and interpret specifications used in designing, maintaining, and calibrating electronic systems, chassis, or components. Prepare reports, charts and graphs as part of process documentation. Position Requirements:
Must be a US citizen able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance. Must be willing to travel.
- Must be team oriented and able to communicate and interface with others to execute manufacturing schedules.
- Provide guidance to other level supporting technicians.
- Requires advanced knowledge of electronics, physics, math, chemistry.
- Position typically calls for technical training with 4-6 years of experience.
- Will work under general direction of supervision and independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Maintain a safe lab test station environment by following applicable practices/processes.
- May work with engineers to assist in the development of testing new products or test processes, as applicable.
- Candidate should possess the ability to comprehend specifications, production requirements, procedures, and production drawings.
- Skill/Experience using electronics Test & Measurement equipment in circuit testing/troubleshooting: Power Supplies, Signal Generators, Multi-Meters, Oscilloscopes, RF Spectrum Analyzer, RF Power Meters, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point).