Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Integrated Supply Chain business function. Visit TextronSystems.com
to read more about who we are and the products we make!About This Role
The Director, Operations will report directly to the Sr. Vice President, Integrated Supply Chain and will provide leadership and accountability for site safety, quality, manufacturing operations, materials management, and facility revitalization for Textron Systems Wilmington, MA location. The Wilmington based programs are experiencing significant growth and this position will lead the stand up of a transition to production team and manufacturing operation for multiple product areas.
This critical business role will:
• Lead and execute all Wilmington based Integrated Supply Chain functions such as manufacturing engineering, production control and logistics, facilities, and manufacturing technician teams.
• Lead the development and execution of a multi-year facility revitalization effort to modernize elements of the campus, while dispositioning excess capacity on the remainder of the campus
• Provide leadership to ensure safe work areas, environments, practices, and behaviors
• Provide site leadership of matrix functional support, such as quality and EHS, that will report to Hunt Valley, MD based leadership.
• Champion the development and implementation of manufacturing, test, and inspection strategies focused on new product development that satisfy the near term demands of development programs and concurrently align with the long-term vision of transitioning to a full rate production environment.
• Leverage lean concepts such as flow, pull, visual management, and similar techniques to optimize manufacturing output.
• Proactively manage direct control accounts and indirect team budgets
• Provide a strong focus on developing talent throughout the organization
• Ensure compliance to DFARS business processes such as Government Property, MMAS as Quality Management Systems such as AS9100.