Our ABE system provides customers with a highly accurate, repeatable system that reduces time, training and workforce requirements. This commercial, state-of-the-art, gyro-stabilized, electro-optical, angular measurement system is designed to align systems on any land, sea or air vehicle.
- Does not require aircraft to be jacked and leveled
- Can perform concurrent maintenance while boresighting aircraft
- Designed for use on multiple aircraft platforms
- Automated angular measurement system, allowing accurate and repeatable measurements
- Platform-specific software called a Personality Module (PM)
- Used on flight lines, repair facilities and factory floors
ABE Model 310 A
The ABE Model 310 A is a truly common, multi-platform boresight system and is in inventory throughout the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps, allied military and aircraft manufacturers. The system works in all operating environments, including concurrent aircraft maintenance and assembly, high winds, cramped and cluttered workspaces, and in extreme temperatures. Our system provides an accurate, repeatable and verifiable solution.
Our ABE Model 310 A is a universal, computerized measurement system capable of aligning armament, navigation, electro-optic sight sensors and missile warning systems on a variety of platforms. Utilizing inertial measurement technology, the system provides rapid, accurate and highly automated measurements without requiring a target board or a clear line-of-sight between the aircraft reference datum and weapon or sensor stations.
ABE is adapted to a specific aircraft by means of a set of compact, aircraft-specific mechanical adapters and PM software. The PM provides an electronic job guide that assists the operator during boresight tasks by completely automating the measurement process.
ABE BORESIGHT ADAPTER
- ABE station-specific boresight adapters interface with the station requiring alignment.
- ABE station-specific boresight adapters incorporate one or two small mirrors to support angular measurements with the ABE MU.
ABE PM SOFTWare
- The PM is application-specific software that tailors the operating characteristics of the ABE system (menus, set-up parameters, reporting formats) to a specific platform.
- The PM allows boresight measurements to be electronically uploaded directly to a platform, ground station or PC.
The System Controller is the processor and computational engine for ABE.
The Measurement Unit (MU) is a lightweight, portable, handheld unit used to precisely measure actual station alignment.
The Reference Unit establishes platform reference and tracks platform movement.
The Handheld Display Unit (HHDU) is the primary operator interface for ABE
|310 A (green)||
|310 A (white)||