Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Sea Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
A Sr. Material Handler with little or no supervision, performs phases of Warehousing and Inventory Control duties as necessary to complete job assignments.
- Job duties include but are not limited to coordinating material requests that may come via e-mail, phone call, electronic request systems or verbal instruction from all facilities and performing or dispatching employees to pull the material required.
- Perform data entry work (if applicable) using Microsoft Office products, as required.
- Perform reviews, research and transactions in the electronic inventory system (Oracle).
- Operate power equipment where required (i.e. forklift, scissors lift, etc. which requires getting up on and coming down from power equipment).
- Maintain communication with the point of contact and co-workers.
- Assist supervision with departmental budgets.
- Works from written and/or verbal instructions.
- Willingness and flexibility to work extended hours as needed to accomplish the task or work with little or no prior notification.
- Assist or perform light carpentry building crates/shipping containers.
Performs other related duties as assigned by management