Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Marine & Land Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com
to read more about who we are and the products we make!About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
Under the direction of the Textron Systems Marine and Land Systems’ Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) Manager:
• Assists in the execution of environmental protection, accident prevention/control and EHS training programs
• Aids in the preparation of scheduling routine and random sampling and analysis to ensure proper wastewater, air, drinking water, air emission and waste management, as appropriate.
• Provide technical support in the transport of hazardous/regulated materials and wastes.
• Reviews daily inventory receipts and ensures that all hazardous materials have been pre-approved for use.
• Under direction of senior management, tracks and prepares reports on injuries, incidents, workers compensation, emissions, effluents, energy consumption and waste generation as required by federal, state and corporate entities.
• Maintain employee EHS training records.
• Assists in safety inspection of equipment and/or audits of processes for conformance with safety and environmental compliance requirements (OSHA, EPA, and other federal agencies, the State of Louisiana and Parish and municipal regulatory agencies) and Textron/Textron Systems policy/procedures. Participates in injury/incident investigations;
• Assists in the determination of root-cause analysis and recommends corrective/preventive actions to avoid recurrence of said injuries/incidents.
• Provide support to safety management programs.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned by management.