Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Marine & Land Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com
to read more about who we are and the products we make!About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
The Subcontract Specialist shall proactively provide subcontract administrative support to Marine & Land Systems’ (MLS) internal and external stakeholders for all subcontracts. The Subcontracts Specialist will support all aspects of subcontract management throughout the process, from pre-proposal activities through subcontract closure. The Subcontract Specialist is responsible for planning, executing, and managing subcontracts for a variety of high dollar, high complexity systems, materials and services in support of all MLS services. This role will be responsible for supplier selection, negotiation and creation of subcontract and long term agreements, and management of large and complex supplier programs.
• Coordinate with the program team on review and risk analysis of solicitations and terms and conditions.
• Assist in the review of subcontracts prior to approval to ensure all agreements are incorporated.
• Serve as primary interface with customer for funding and subcontract mods.
• Support both internal and external audit teams, including Accounting, Textron Audit Services, DCMA and DCAA.
• Review cost proposals, maintain cost and pricing data records for TINA compliance, support fact-finding and DCAA audits, and support negotiations.
• Experience with Strategic Sourcing and negotiating various long term and subcontract types and associated terms, including Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Time and Material (T&M), Cost Plus (CP) using Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ), Definite Delivery/Definite Quantity (DDDQ) and Requirements contracts
• Prepare and coordinate business correspondence, generate required subcontract-related reports, and maintain accurate and complete subcontract files and records for the company.
• Participate in program reviews, monitor program performance (schedules, deliverables, funding, invoicing, and payments), and notify program managers or directors of potential non-compliances or other problems that could have an adverse impact on the company.
• Identify and administer subcontract changes and coordinate resolution of subcontract issues.
• Actively administer the closeout of completed subcontracts.
• Ensure subcontract management activities are conducted in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, and customer requirements.
• Perform other subcontract-related duties as assigned.