Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Sea Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
The Manager, Subcontracts is responsible for the overall leadership, guidance, and management of the team responsible for the planning, executing and managing major subcontracts and long term agreements with suppliers for a variety of high dollar, high complexity systems, materials and services in support of all product lines.
This position closely interacts with all levels of staff and management, including executive leadership, and reports to the Director, Supply Chain Management. Position is located in Slidell, LA.
• Lead, guide and train a team of subcontract specialists responsible for major sourcing projects and subcontract agreements
• Collaborate cross functionally to evaluate the needs of the business to establish and execute strategies to improve the supply chain performance with quality, cost, delivery and service level objectives
• Evaluate trends, advancements and best practices in the industry to inform improvement initiatives and development opportunities with the subcontracts team and supply chain function
• Support other functions for the development and implementation of supply chain strategies, acquisition approaches and identification of opportunities and risks.
• Develop and lead sourcing strategies and supplier development opportunities for key programs and projects
• Review all subcontract management activities and agreements, ensuring compliance with applicable government/customer regulations and company policies & procedures. This includes but not limited to; DCMA Approved Purchasing System requirements (CPSR) and Textron Procurement/Supplier Management policies and practices
• Oversees subcontract negotiation strategy, cost and price analysis, and adherence to Government standards, including DCAA/DCMA audit interfaces.
• Responsible for effective utilization of personnel and resources, ensuring performance of the team to key metrics