Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Sea & Land Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
Performing a variety of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and/or electronic inspection and test operations to determine adherence to standards, specifications, drawing requirements, procedures, etc. on any or all types of procured and production equipment, subassemblies, components, or assemblies as directed.
- Inspection and test of parts, materials, components and systems in one or more of the following areas: Receiving, Shipping, Stores, Weld/Fabrication, Assembly, Testing, Calibration, Radiography, and Coating Inspections.
- Visually examinations by means of instruments, gauges, jigs, templates or other measuring devices to include nondestructive test methods to insure adherence to standards, specifications, drawing, etc.
- May operate standard calibration and test equipment.
- Rejects parts, materials, assemblies, equipment, tooling or components which do not meet requirements.
- Performs and may assist/train other inspectors in inspections, non-destructive testing, x-ray, calibration, coatings, and observations and functional testing (including electrical, mechanical, structural etc.)
- Reviews software data on vendor supplied items to determine acceptability.
- Generates Quality reports, completes Inspection Check Lists, nonconformance documents, calibration reports, x-ray, and other Quality documents/records as applicable to the specific area assigned.
- Adheres to all safety requirements, departmental instructions and TMLS Policies and Procedures.
- Interface directly with all levels of the organization, suppliers and customers, as appropriate.
- Performs any and all other duties assigned by management.