About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
The Principal Pricing Analyst will be responsible for working all varieties of cost proposals in response to customer requests. Duties include cost proposal development, pricing analysis, pricing strategy, compliance to company policies and government requirements, problem solving, and training of less experienced personnel. This role requires working closely with cross-functional teams such as business development, program management, contracts, finance, procurement, engineering, and manufacturing to develop pricing strategies against our competition and set price points for our products. Must be capable of managing workload and deliverables against strict timelines and meeting expectations in a detail-oriented, performance-driven business environment. Responsible for development of financial analysis for all proposals including margin analysis, risks and opportunities analysis, and cash flow schedule.
Desirable qualities for the candidate would include good organizational skills, ability to work concurrently on multiple and varied projects, strong written and verbal communication skills, detail-oriented, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to utilize good common sense, strong leadership abilities, sound judgment, and ability to effectively interface with both internal and external customers.
• Ability to effectively develop complex cost proposals fully compliant with customer (both commercial and government) RFPs
• Strong business background with knowledge of all aspects of government and commercial job costing in an engineering development and manufacturing environment.
• Analysis of proposal bills of materials, utilization of actual and estimated labor and procurement data, pricing and estimating practices, functional department estimates, and proposal auditing.
• Develops solutions to a variety of complex proposal related problems using established policies and procedures.
• Works special assignments as required using independent judgment and initiative.
• Plan & execute multiple projects that include improvement reviews of business processes, particularly on regulatory & compliance-related systems & programs.
• Advanced knowledge of General Accounting processes, procedures, and rules and accounting systems to properly apply the correct overheads, burdens, pricing factors, and other applicable rates & the application of pricing and costing principles, concepts, practices, and standards.