Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Air Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
The Digital Development Strategist will be a key subject matter expert responsible for developing and managing digital experiences across the business. Reporting to the Manager of Digital Development, this position is part of Textron Systems’ Marketing & Communications team.
Based in Crystal City, Va., the Digital Development Strategist will serve as the first line of support for the local staff on use of and best practices for the extensive digital experiences located within the facility. The Digital Development Strategist will collaborate with internal teammates (including sales, business partners and IT), as well as vendor partners, to support the development and management of digital channels, including but not limited to, the facility’s digital experiences and external integrations of the same, e-commerce and company websites, email marketing and mobile applications, while adhering to internal and external brand and security standards. This individual also will use key performance indicators to evaluate platform performance to make strategic recommendations for continuous improvement.
· Manage and support onsite digital platforms in Crystal City, Va., including an interactive timeline, product configurator, mission scenario experience and future digital growth strategy for these and any new Textron Systems digital experiences.
· Update local digital experience content as needed via CMS to ensure digital platforms are relevant with the up-to-date information.
· Support development of technology roadmaps for these experiences including the development of new functionality, improvement of existing functionality, and technology enhancement opportunities.
· Train end-users to navigate and facilitate the curation of content to support the business when directing facility tours and meetings using the onsite digital experiences.
· Partnership with internal collaborators to strategize, develop, launch and maintain Textron Systems digital platforms adhering to corporate brand and security guidelines.
o Develop new functionality, improve existing functionality, and manage and maintain multiple websites, microsites, and applications to ensure monthly/quarterly security updates are completed.
o Issue management and resolution to include, trouble shooting, root cause analysis, and implementation of solutions of digital products.
· Demonstrate a proactive and data-driven posture on optimization and maintenance for digital properties.
o Develop and execute
§ Digital Experience Platforms
§ Website Maintenance and updates
§ Website Enhancements
§ Content updates via CMS
§ Optimized email solutions
o Research and analyze to improve website rankings across search engine for optimization.
o Coordinate annual audit of content review for accuracy.
o Metrics analysis and data measurement for continuous improvement action plans using tools such as: Google Analytics, Moz and email tracking tools to support SEO and user-experience.
· Facilitate and maintain relationships between vendors/contractors including contract negotiating, SOW development and management, project leadership and vendor oversight to ensure projects are executed on time and on budget.
· Other duties as assigned