Designed for expeditionary land- and sea-based operations and equipped for simultaneous day/night full-motion video, communications relay, signals intelligence and a customer-selected payload in a single flight, Textron Systems' Aerosonde Small Unmanned Aircraft System (SUAS) delivers reliable, multi-mission performance in a class by itself. It is field-proven with more than 600,000 flight hours, including desert heat and Arctic cold.
We also offer turnkey, fee-for-service operations with our systems, operators and trainers. Our hybrid approach provides hands-on training for customer staff while we launch operations.
- Expeditionary land- or sea- based operations
- Powered by Lycoming® EL-005 heavy-fuel engine for benchmark-setting reliability
- Covert operation, with negligible visual and auditory signature
- Multi-intelligence (multi-INT) payloads, i.e., electronic warfare (EW) and communications relay, in a single flight
Payload Capabilities Available:
- Full-motion video (FMV) and day/night imaging
- Voice communications relay
- Ad-hoc networking (MANET)
- Synthetic aperture radar (SAR)
- Signals intelligence (SIGINT)
- Communications intelligence (COMINT)
- 3D mapping
- Automatic identification systems (AIS)
Aerosonde® Fixed Wing
Textron Systems' Aerosonde SUAS offers superior reliability and multi-mission performance in its class. With an easy-to-use launch and recovery trailer for constrained land and shipboard operations, our Aerosonde system is ready to go in any environment.
Commercial variant available in most countries.
Aerosonde® Mk. 4.7 HQ
Combined with our Aerosonde system's proven performance and benchmark-setting reliability, the Aerosonde HQ brings unparalleled levels of mission capability and flexibility. Textron Systems' Aerosonde HQ is runway-independent using Hybrid Quadrotor technology to achieve vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL).
Aerosonde® Mk. 4.8 HQ FTUAS
Purpose-built to meet the U.S. Army’s Future Vertical Lift requirements, the Aerosonde® Mk. 4.8 Hybrid Quad (HQ) is runway independent, bringing enhanced flexibility through Hybrid Quadrotor technology to achieve vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL). Learn more
|Aerosonde® Fixed Wing||Aerosonde® Mk. 4.7 HQ|
|Payload||Up to 20 lbs (9.1 kg) up to 200 W||15 lbs|
|Max Wingspan||12.0 ft (3.7 m)||12.0 ft (3.7 m)|
|Ceiling||15,000 ft (4,572 m)||10,000 ft|
|Range||140 km (75 nm)||140 km (75 nm)|
|Max Takeoff Elevation||8,000 ft (2,438 m)||7,000 ft|
|UHF-, L-, S- and C-Band Capability||Yes||Yes|
|Weight||80 lbs (36.4 kg)||105 lb|
|Endurance||14+ hr||8 hrs (with 10 lb payload)|
|Automated Launch and Recovery||Single system with hydraulic pneumatic launcher and net recovery||Vertical-takeoff-and-landing (VTOL) capability|
|Airspeed||45-65 kt||45-65 kt|
|Transition Altitude||N/A||50-150 ft above ground level|
Lycoming EL-005 Engine
- Lycoming’s EL-005 is optimized for jet fuels and uses digital electronic controls to create a seamless flying experience.
- Single-cylinder, air-cooled, direct-drive, spark-ignited two-stroke engine controlled by the Electronic Control Unit.
- Produces 4 HP @ 5,500 RPM and has a dry weight of 13.8 lbs (6.25 kg).
- Over 170,000 fielded flight hours of maturity on the Aerosonde SUAS.