Designed for expeditionary land- and sea-based operations and equipped for simultaneous day/night full-motion video, communications relay, signals intelligence and a customer-selected payload in a single flight, Textron Systems' Aerosonde Small Unmanned Aircraft System (SUAS) delivers reliable, multi-mission performance in a class by itself. It is field-proven with more than 450,000 flight hours, including desert heat and Arctic cold.
We also offer turnkey, fee-for-service operations with our systems, operators and trainers. Our hybrid approach provides hands-on training for customer staff while we launch operations.
- Expeditionary land- or sea- based operations
- Purpose-built Lycoming® EL-005 heavy-fuel engine for benchmark-setting reliability
- Covert operation, with negligible visual and auditory signature
- Multi-intelligence (multi-INT) payloads, i.e., electronic warfare (EW) and communications relay, in a single flight
Payload Capabilities Available:
- Full-motion video (FMV) and day/night imaging
- Voice communications relay
- Ad-hoc networking (MANET)
- Synthetic aperture radar (SAR)
- Signals intelligence (SIGINT)
- Communications intelligence (COMINT)
- 3D mapping
- Automatic identification systems (AIS)
Aerosonde® Fixed Wing
Textron Systems' Aerosonde SUAS offers superior reliability and multi-mission performance in its class. With an easy-to-use launch and recovery trailer for constrained land and shipboard operations, our Aerosonde system is ready to go in any environment.
Commercial variant available in most countries.
Combined with our Aerosonde system's proven performance and benchmark-setting reliability, the Aerosonde HQ brings unparalleled levels of mission capability and flexibility. Textron Systems' Aerosonde HQ is runway-independent using Hybrid Quadrotor technology to achieve vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL).
|Aerosonde® Fixed Wing||Aerosonde® HQ|
|Payload||Up to 20 lbs (9.1 kg) up to 200 W||15 lbs|
|Max Wingspan||12.0 ft (3.7 m)||12.0 ft (3.7 m)|
|Ceiling||15,000 ft (4,572 m)||10,000 ft|
|Range||140 km (75 nm)||140 km (75 nm)|
|Max Takeoff Elevation||8,000 ft (2,438 m)||7,000 ft|
|UHF-, L-, S- and C-Band Capability||Yes||Yes|
|Weight||80 lbs (36.4 kg)||105 lb|
|Endurance||14+ hr||8 hrs (with 10 lb payload)|
|Automated Launch and Recovery||Single system with hydraulic pneumatic launcher and net recovery||Vertical-takeoff-and-landing (VTOL) capability|
|Airspeed||45-65 kt||45-65 kt|
|Transition Altitude||N/A||50-150 ft above ground level|
Lycoming EL-005 Engine
- Lycoming’s EL-005 is optimized for jet fuels and uses digital electronic controls to create a seamless flying experience.
- Single-cylinder, air-cooled, direct-drive, spark-ignited two-stroke engine controlled by the Electronic Control Unit.
- Produces 4 HP @ 5,500 RPM and has a dry weight of 13.8 lbs (6.25 kg).
- Over 170,000 fielded flight hours of maturity on the Aerosonde SUAS.