Together Stronger: Holiday Celebrations Around Our Business
During the holidays, Textron Systems not only gives back to employees by celebrating their hard work and dedication throughout the year, but also strives to make a positive impact in our surrounding communities by helping those in need.
Employees throughout our various locations came together through philanthropy and volunteerism this December to give back during the holiday season. A few events that took place include:
- Our Hunt Valley, Md., Women’s Network and Veteran’s Network partnered together for a Chick-Fil-A fundraiser that raised more than $400 for Wreaths Across America, a national organization that comes together to cover all veteran grave markers with a Christmas wreath to remember and honor our heroes. The groups then worked together to lay wreaths at the Dulaney Valley Memorial Gardens on December 14.
- Our Maryland-based Legal team collected 42 stuffed animals to donate to the Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC) Child Life and SAFE Program. The GBMC program consists of a multidisciplinary team that helps children cope with hospitalization, including those children in the “SAFE” program – a program for children who are victims of abuse. There are approximately 1.4 million children in the state of Maryland who are victims of abuse.
- Lycoming Engines worked with a local non-profit, Magical Memories, to provide Christmas gifts for 78 children. Magical Memories provides services for children with life-altering illnesses.
- Lycoming Engines also held a “Jean Pass” fundraiser this month that raised $440. Proceeds from this fundraiser are being donated to The Food Bank of Central Pennsylvania.
- Our Louisiana-based facilities adopted four families through the St. Tammany Project Christmas Angels. These families were provided with all the items they requested on their wish lists, along with gift cards. The team also was able to donate an additional $800 to go toward food, baskets and presents for families that were not adopted.
- TRU Simulation + Training’s Goose Creek, S.C., location collected items for One80 Place | Begin Again, a nonprofit that aims to prevent homelessness.
- Our Blackstone, Va., team participates in an “Angel Tree” each year. The Angel Tree has cards from children in the Nottoway County community detailing the children’s clothing and shoe sizes, along with a few toys on their wish lists. This year, the team was able to create bags for 19 children.
- Our United Kingdom-based team hosted a Christmas party, while raising money for Save The Children through their Christmas Jumper Day program.
- Multiple locations collected donations for Toys for Tots.
- Many other events, fundraisers and donations took place during this holiday season, and throughout the entire year.
In addition to enriching our local communities, we also take pride in thanking our employees and celebrating them for all their hard work. Multiple locations across our business held holiday events, parties and luncheons to recognize our incredible employees. We could not achieve our successes without our committed employees - it's because of them we continue to grow and excel as an organization.
During this special time of the year, it is important to consider those around you and spend time with the ones you love. From everyone at Textron Systems, we wish you happy holidays!