Textron Systems Gives Back
Over the course of the year, the Textron Systems family has come together, on multiple occasions, to support our communities and several causes. Together, our team has donated time, food, supplies, clothing and more than $150,000 to help those in need.
A few of our 2021 efforts, driven by individuals and employee resource groups (Fusion, Veterans Network, Women’s Network, Young Professionals Association, and Room for All) include the following:
- Textron Systems sponsored the Northshore Heart Walk in May and was able to donate more than $5000 to the American Heart Association.
- Our Veterans Network (VETNET) volunteered with the East St. Tammany Habitat for Humanity to build a home for those in need in Louisiana.
- As part of Operation Gratitude, our employees wrote 375 thank you cards to be sent to deployed service members.
- Fusion collected more than 700 pounds of clothing to donate to the AIDS Resource Center.
- After Hurricane Ida, we came together as One Systems to help our colleagues in Louisiana. More than 23,000 pounds of essential supplies were donated along with more than $21,000 in monetary donations.
- Several of our sites participated in collecting items to be donated to Toys for Tots. Our Newport News, Virginia team alone collected a total of six bikes, six scooters, five skateboards, 10 helmets, three Big Wheels, and a box of assorted toys.
- In support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, our Women’s Network sold t-shirts throughout the month of October. The team was able to collect and donate $2,166 to the Breast Cancer Resource Center of Texas as well as send 95 hand-written letters to women who were recently diagnosed.
- Our team in Goose Creek, South Carolina collected and donated 232 pounds of food to Helping Hands of Goose Creek.
Throughout the year, our team has dedicated so much time, money and effort to supporting our communities. This list does not even begin to showcase all efforts made.
As we look back on 2021, we’re thankful and honored to have a team that is so committed to giving back and can’t wait to see what we can do as One Systems in 2022.