Holiday Giving Around Our Business
This holiday season, Textron Systems employees worked to create a positive impact in our surrounding communities by helping those in need.
While holiday philanthropy across the business looked different than in years’ past, our employees’ commitment to volunteering and giving back was constant.
A few events that took place include:
- Our Veterans Network (VETNET) and Room for All Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) hosted a coordinated drive for Toys for Tots across our business sites. Our Newport News, Virginia team alone collected enough in donations to purchase 18 bikes, two scooters, a Radio Flyer tricycle, along with helmets for each.
- Our Louisiana facilities participated in the St. Tammany Project Christmas Angels. Employees adopted a family, child or senior and provided items that were on their Christmas list, and food baskets were purchased with cash donations for seniors.
- Employees located in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Louisiana and Massachusetts participated in Wreaths Across America Annual Wreath Laying Day. Employees volunteered their time to lay wreaths on the grave markers of fallen soldiers or made a monetary donation to sponsor a wreath placement. Over 400 wreaths were placed by our employees at various locations.
- The Lycoming Engines team hosted a donation drive for the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank which raised over $2,800.
- Our Hunt Valley, Md., facility hosted a clothing drive to benefit the Maryland Center for Veterans Education and Training. They were able to collect 484 pounds of clothing to benefit veterans in need.
- The team located in Goose Creek, S.C., donated to One80 Place, a nonprofit that provides shelter for homeless families, veterans, children and adults in the Charleston community.
Many other fundraisers, volunteer events and donation drives took place throughout the year. We’re proud of the commitment our employees have to supporting each other and their communities.