eCASS Fast Facts
March 30, 2018
- Since 2008, Textron Systems has collaborated with Lockheed Martin and the U.S. Navy on the Electronic Consolidated Automated Support System (eCASS) program.
- The eCASS program supports the preparedness of critical aircraft systems including weapons, avionics and navigation, which are utilized to provide automated testing abilities at sea and ashore.
- At the end of 2015, Electronic Systems opened an eCASS automated test equipment and production facility, which houses two functional eCASS stations at Textron Systems in Hunt Valley, Md., allowing the business to better serve its customers.
- The eCASS station is made up of four primary equipment racks, including Electronic Systems' Radio Frequency Mission Equipment Kit, which replaced competing products in the eCASS program.
- Team members of Electronic Systems developed the Enhanced Signal Analysis Synthetic Instrument (eSASI), a piece of test equipment that measures radio frequency signals in the time and frequency domains, which was selected as a drop-in to the eCASS program.