Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. Learn more about us at TextronSystems.com. About This Role
Our engineers are involved in the entire life cycle of our products, from conceptual design through testing and delivery. You will have the opportunity to work in a multi-functional team environment with a diverse array of exciting technologies and products that directly support our nation’s war fighters. Your day may include designing, modeling and simulation, constructing, and field testing autonomous air, land, and sea-borne robotic vehicles and their subsystems. Check out our exciting platforms here
As an electric vehicle powertrain engineer, you will perform a variety of assignments including conceptual design, engineering analysis, detailed sub-system electrical & mechanical design, integration, test, and manufacturing and field support. A strong candidate will possess a broad range of engineering skills and could perform as an individual contributor or as a team lead.
• Performing detailed design of electrical and electronic assemblies.
• Performing analysis, integration, and testing.
• Contribute to concept development as part of internal cross-functional design teams, including prototyping and production support.
• Preparing high-quality formal engineering documentation such as drawings, presentations, specifications, design presentations to customers, test plans, and test reports.
• Supporting proposal activity, providing input to cost estimates and risk assessments.
• May lead a design team.
• May plan product development, produce technical white papers, and brief management on planning and progress.