Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Wilmington business area. Visit TextronSystems.com
to read more about who we are and the products we make!About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
Performing a variety of Quality Inspection functions including tests, gauging, and instrument inspections of complex materials, tools, goods in process, and finished goods with minimal supervision.
• Performs audits, tests, and inspections of complex materials, goods in process, or finished goods assuring quality first by determining compliance to drawings, procedures, and specifications. (receiving through final system assembly)
• Performs Incoming Material Receiving Inspection
• 1st article inspections on Textron and Supplier materials
• COT’s item inspection
• Mechanical Inspection
• Precision Dimensional Inspection
• CMM Inspection
• Vision System Inspection
• CofC Inspection
• Shelf life management
Performs In-process Inspections:
• Inspection of all types of production hardware from various programs
o Machine Shop 1st piece inspections
Performs Final Inspection/Acceptance of all production hardware.
Performs Packaging/identifying completed hardware.
• Acts as company liaison with various industrial suppliers and customer representatives.
• Develops and/or uses a variety of complex test and inspection set-ups utilizing mechanical and/or electrical test measurement equipment.
• Assists in development of and interprets a variety of semi-complex inspection plans, tests and procedures.
• Recommends changes to procedures, processes, and drawings to improve efficiency and/or quality of the product.
• Requires interpretation of inspection plans, tests and procedures.
• Applies established inspection procedures and uses simple inspection/testing tools and instruments of a “go/no go” nature.
• Documents and retains required quality control test/inspection records and results.
• Investigates defective material with manufacturing and/or suppliers and determines error identification and implements positive corrective action.
• Identifies and documents nonconforming material in accordance with applicable procedures.
• Assists and trains others in assuring the proper test, measurement, and procedural operations.
• Ensure adherences to policies and procedures accordingly.
• Checks the technical work of other inspectors.
• Performs material review functions.
• Acquire IPC-610/STD 001 and IPC-620 Certifications as applicable
• Supporting team members with administrative activities
• Support customer expedite requests
• Assist with the external vendor equipment return processing
• Provide direct service support for internal customers
• Obtain basic knowledge of CMM machine capabilities
• Prior knowledge of critical key features on drawings
• Training on CMM programming would be preferred