Textron Systems is seeking an experienced Export Compliance professional to manage our expanding regulatory compliance and contractual obligations in our defense line of business. This position is responsible for Customs Compliance management including the overall coordination and execution of import and export activities and the development, implementation and maintenance of compliance programs. This position is responsible for ensuring that all import and export related activities are in compliance with regulations including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations and the Code of Federal Regulations. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success managing export and import compliance in an aerospace/defense environment and have an extensive knowledge of the International in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations, and Customs Regulations, and must also have excellent communication skills. The Manager Export/Import Compliance will proactively oversee all export and import compliance matters for various businesses within Textron Systems located in Hunt valley, Maryland, Slidell, Louisiana, Wilmington, Massachusetts, Newport News, Virginia, Haslet, Texas and Goose Creek, South Carolina, United Kingdom, Australia and Canada. This person will interact with employees at all levels, and will work both independently and with other members of the business and members of the Legal, Contracts and Compliance staff on a variety of interesting international trade compliance matters. The role requires successful management of a broad range of responsibilities in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
· Serve as an Empowered Official
· Provide a full range of proactive export/import compliance guidance to program management, contracts, procurement, business development, shipping, security and other functional areas within the Company
· Developing operational solutions by solving work problems.
· Prepare, submit and track Directorate of Defense Trade Controls and Commerce license applications, Technical Assistance Agreements, Manufacturing License Agreements and Warehousing Distribution Agreements
· Managing projects and programs including but not limited to internal and/or external import and/or export reviews and audits and import and export compliance metrics and dashboard reports
· Determine the applicability of ITAR exemptions, ECCNs and use of Commerce exceptions
· Making decisions with respect to the compliance of import and export transactions.
· Support and ensure compliance for GSP, NAFTA, and other duty preference programs
· Work collaboratively with in-house attorneys and outside counsel to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
· Provide support in connection with internal/external audits and investigations
· Review and approve Foreign Visitor Notifications through appropriate systems
· Review and approve shipping requests through appropriate systems
· Track application status, maintain database of granted export approvals, satisfy record-keeping requirements, and prepare required reports
· Create maintain and implement policies, procedures and guides to ensure overall compliance with export control regulations.
· Plan and conduct employee training
· Review export/import documents and work with Custom Brokers to expedite Customs clearance of products
· Apply U.S. Customs regulations to business transactions ensuring Customs compliance
· Facilitate/coordinate product reclassification as a result of Export Control Reform
· Review and approval of commercial invoices and shipping process and coordination of freight forwarder requirements
· Perform other compliance activities as determined by the Director of Global Trade Compliance
· Assist and mentor individual OU Export/Import Compliance personnel in resolving import regulatory and classification interpretations; act as buffer between OUs and Textron Systems Office
· Code Customs Broker import invoices for payment and review import entries for error
· Coordinate communication with Customs brokers and Customs bond underwriters.
· Focal point for alleged violations; assist in investigation and preparation of any required voluntary disclosures; coordinate review of same by the Textron Systems and Textron corporate offices