Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Weapons Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
Textron Systems in Wilmington MA has a long history of developing game-changing capabilities for our US military customers. We are in the middle of significant program growth in both out Tactical and Strategic business lines, and we are looking for outstanding engineers across multiple disciplines.
The Electrical Engineering Discipline Lead is a Principal Electrical Engineer position and a key technical leadership position. This manager level person will work with all aspects of electrical design engineering, from design review and guidance to mentoring and coaching, establishing best practices, processes and tools. This position will report directly to the Director of Engineering as a member of the engineering leadership team. The ideal candidate will have significant experience as an individual contributor, but also a passion for engineering excellence and talent development. This role will touch every portion of electrical design at Textron Systems, spanning digital and analog design, power systems, RF etc. This position will work with program teams to identify critical skills and talents, and will work with our recruiters to hire to fill those positions, and will coordinate staffing assignments across business areas.
The manager will work with the Electrical Engineering team on all training, certification, best practices, process improvement, as well as job satisfaction, objective setting, performance feedback and career growth.
The Electrical Engineering Manager will also participate in program execution through mentoring of more junior engineers, participating in peer reviews and design reviews, and direct execution of engineering tasks as needed on programs.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintaining Electrical Engineer staffing levels for Wilmington.
- Full time, coops, interns, contractors
- Hiring, on-boarding, forecasting
- Maintaining Electrical Engineer skills and engagement via
- Periodic performance management (objectives, reviews, feedback etc.) in coordination with Programs
- Regular communication (meetings, discussions, escalation and resolution of issues)
- Skills planning and training
- Maintaining Electrical Engineering Standards via
- Active participation in a Textron Systems Electrical Engineering process working group maintaining policies, procedures, templates, training and tools for electrical engineers.
- Staffing program tasks with Electrical Engineers via
- Coordination with Program Managers and Program Engineers on assigning electrical engineering staff to program activities.
- Working across the Textron Systems Enterprise to leverage unique skills and load balance of staff.
- Monitoring department performance
- Analysis of Quality metrics associated with process compliance
- Solicitation and analysis of internal customers feedback (program teams)