Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Integrated Supply Chain business area. Visit TextronSystems.com
to read more about who we are and the products we make!About this Role
The Supplier Manager is responsible for assessing, developing and managing new and existing suppliers in support of both development programs and legacy sustainment platforms. They will serve as a technical resource and link between supply chain and programs, engineering, and operations. The Supplier Manager will need to work
collaboratively across functions to understand the needs of the business and drive supply chain strategies and execution to be successful.
This position will report to the Director of Strategic Sourcing and be based in Hunt Valley, Maryland or Slidell, Louisiana. Up to 65% travel required.
• Manage many high complexity projects concurrently including supplier improvement, supplier transitions, research and development, and production rate readiness
• Subject matter expert in manufacturing methods and technologies for the group of commodities and supply base assigned
• Innovator of new processes, principles, and or concepts for bridging gap between the business and its suppliers
• Establish a strategic supply base maturity plan for key commodities to improve and rationalize existing sources and introduce new suppliers
• Work closely with procurement, programs, engineering and operations to we meet the needs of the business in a fast paced and dynamic environment
• Find, assess and develop new suppliers for key technologies and in support of new development programs
• Lead Root Cause Corrective Action for critical issues to improve performance
• Provide input to sourcing and engineering teams for supplier capabilities, technical requirements and manufacturing processes
• Assist suppliers with technical data transfer and resolve issues between engineering and the supplier
• Serve as primary procurement technical liaison to engineering community and development program teams
• Perform supplier risk and capacity assessments and develop mitigation strategies and plans use Six Sigma tools