Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Unmanned Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com
to read more about who we are and the products we make!About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
To coordinate and schedule material required to be packaged in accordance with both commercial standards and military specifications in order to meet delivery requirements.
• Coordinates the packaging efforts for both Commercial Standards and Military Specifications.
• Determines packaging requirements for contracts and recommends packaging material to be used to ensure cost effectiveness, quality and contract requirements are met.
• Coordinates with Quality Assurance for final inspection of shipments.
• Assist with soliciting bids, negotiating requirements, selecting vendors and ordering packaging materials and supplies to meet required delivery dates.
• Assists in preparing estimates for packing and crating costs for packaging proposals.
• Responsible for reviewing advanced shipping releases to determine special order packaging and compliance to Contract requirements.
• Provides guidance and instruction to shipping clerks on specialized packaging and marking requirements.
• Inspects the work of shipping clerks ensuring compliance with contract requirements.
• Ensures that shipments packaged, utilizing specifications for preservation, marking, and packaging standards, are accomplished using latest revisions.
• Assures shipments are properly blocked and braced on carrier equipment.