Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. Textron is a Fortune 500 company, with a focus on growing our talent from within.
ABOUT TEXTRON SYSTEMS
Textron Systems businesses are industry leading developers and integrators of unmanned systems, advanced marine craft, armored vehicles, intelligent battlefield and surveillance systems, geospatial management and analysis systems, intelligence software solutions, precision weapons, piston engines, test and training systems, and total lifecycle sustainment and operational services. Textron Systems’ businesses consist of Advanced Information Solutions, Electronic Systems, Geospatial Solutions, Lycoming Engines, Marine & Land Systems, Support Solutions, Unmanned Systems, Weapon & Sensor Systems and TRU Simulation + Training.
The Senior Oracle DBA is a member and of the Enterprise Database Team within the Textron Systems Information Technology department located in Hunt Valley, MD. This role will work with the team to manage, configure, and deploy Oracle E-Business Suite applications and Oracle Databases. This will include regular maintenance, taking of backups, management of vulnerabilities, patching, and version upgrades. Additionally, this will include testing; providing support and troubleshooting to multiple Oracle databases based off user feedback; working in a fast pace environment with multiple departments.
• Experience with versions of Oracle Databases (11g, 12c, R2, and 19c)
• Experience upgrading to Oracle Database 19c
• Experience with configuration features such as DataGuard, RAC, ASM, Flashback, Advanced Replication, ODI and GoldenGate
• Ability to install and configure OAM, OID, OIF, OUD, WEBGATE, OHS for protecting applications, data, and cloud-based services, SSO, authorization and authentication
• Tuning of database instances to include CPU/RAM allocation, query optimization, hardware optimization, etc.
• Ability to setup and monitor maintenance plans, perform application upgrades and deployments
• Performing regular maintenance of DBs
• Perform disaster recovery tests in accordance with internal company policies and procedures
• Capture and share knowledge across the Textron Systems IT community
• Coach, mentor and train team members to establish a consistent level of quality, accuracy, accountability, and compliance of department standards
• Ability to comfortably collaborate with other teams/vendors.