Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Unmanned Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com
to read more about who we are and the products we make!
The Principal Contracts Specialist shall proactively provide support to contract management and directors of a particular Business Unit in administering government contracts, with a focus on international Direct Commercial and Foreign Military Sales contracts. This senior individual contributor role will support all aspects of contract management throughout the contracting process, from pre-proposal activities through contract closure. In performing this role, the Principal Contract Specialist will:
• Support the review and risk analysis of solicitations and terms and conditions and coordinate with their supervisor.
• Perform risk analysis and offer strategic insight during proposal review meetings.
• Review cost proposals, maintain cost and pricing data records for international customer compliance, support fact-finding and customer audits, and support negotiations.
• Ensure that contracts and proposals are properly entered into organizational databases and securely maintained.
• Assure accuracy and appropriateness of contract text and attachments.
• Monitors the performance of each signed contract.
• Participate in the development of negotiation strategies and customer negotiations that benefit the companies financial performance.
• Proactively administer a variety of contracts (government/commercial, domestic/international) of all types (cost reimbursement, fixed price, incentive, award fee, IDIQ, time and material, etc.) and modifications thereto.
• Prepare and coordinate business correspondence, generate required contract-related reports, and maintain accurate and complete contract files and records for the company.
• Remain actively engaged with (and serve as an integral member of) designated program teams and develop strong interfaces with internal personnel in other functional areas.
• Participate in program reviews, monitor program performance (contract schedules, deliverables, funding, invoicing, and payments), and notify contract managers or directors of potential non-compliances or other problems that could have an adverse impact on the company.
• Actively administer the closeout of completed contracts.
• Ensure contract management activities are conducted in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable U.S and International laws and regulations, and customer requirements.
• Ensure coordination with Legal on contract matters that may have legal significance (such as, identifying to Legal non-standard or potentially high-risk terms and conditions) prior to advising management of contractual risks, rights and obligations, and terms and conditions interpretations.
• Perform other contract-related duties as assigned.