Who We Are:
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Wilmington, MA location, supporting the Weapons domain. Join the team that is creating distinctive and impactful products, like the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent missile system. This team moves fast, thinks creatively, and excels at teamwork.
Visit TextronSystems.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
As a Sr. IT Business Analyst, you will represent IT by serving as the strategic interface between the larger IT organization and the Weapons business. This role is key in developing a successful IT roadmap because the business partner works closely with the stakeholders to understand the holistic business strategy and advocates for the most effective and value-add solutions. To be successful, you must have excellent communication skills, be action-oriented, and deal well with ambiguity.
• Serve as a technology partner and ‘trusted advisor’ to the business, primarily supporting the engineering and manufacturing functions.
• Build close relationships with the business by obtaining an understanding of their processes, strategy and holistic system needs and communicate how the information technology group can better support them.
• Identify, articulate, and champion the strategic technology improvements that will enhance business performance and collaboratively define the IT capability roadmap.
• Coordinates strategic and operational initiatives requiring IT enablement for the manufacturing, engineering, and shop floor operations that utilize ERP, PLM, CAD, and data analytics.
• Drive solutions that grow the business, enable them to be more innovative and efficient, or address compliance requirements (CMMC).
• Lead change management strategy to minimize disruption to the business and improve end-user experience as technology initiatives are executed.
• Advocate business requests to the larger IT org to ensure requests are prioritized correctly and that the IT org is focusing on items that add the most value to the enterprise.
• Collaborate with the business functions by proactively sharing knowledge, discussing alternative IT solutions, and planning new initiatives.
• Leverage business analysis skills to identify root cause, clarify business needs, and improve engagement.
• Communicate effectively with the business to create clarity and ensure requests are achieving their attended goals.